Accessibility Testing with Assistive Technologies for People with Disabilities
Accessibility Testing with People with Disabilities: Tips and tricks from the experts at Fable
Sam Proulx, Accessibility Evangelist at Fable, will talk about why testing with people with disabilities is so important, and describe what Fable is doing in order to make this testing quicker, easier, and more effective.
He will also provide tips, tricks, and advice based on his life-long experience as a screen reader customer and testing participant, as well as the expertise Fable has gained from conducting thousands of hours of user testing with assistive technology.
Using practical examples of websites and companies, Sam will describe how user testing methods have enabled them to create more accessible, more inclusive, and higher quality experiences for everyone.
In this talk, you will learn:
• Why does testing with assistive technology users matter?
• What can automated testing cover, and where are the gaps that must be filled by user testing?
• What is the experience of using the web like for an expert screen reader user including a live screen reader demo of a New York-based company
• Methods for performing effective user testing
• Fable, and what we’re doing to make the processes of recruiting and testing:
> More flexible
> More inclusive
And plenty of time for your questions.
Sam is the Accessibility Evangelist at Fable, a leading accessibility testing platform powered by people with disabilities. As a blind individual, Sam knows and values the importance of accessibility in all aspects of life and is a strong advocate for the inclusion of people with disabilities in the digital world.
Sam brings his previous experience as Fable’s community manager, plus life-long advocacy for himself and others, to his role as Evangelist.
The presentation will be #Captioned [cc].
All A11yNYC meetups are pre-approved for IAAP Continuing Accessibility Education Credits (CAEC).
Thanks to Adobe and Equal Entry for sponsoring.