Climate Action Entrepreneur Showcase: Female Founders (hosted by Sustainable Ventures)
Showcasing the power of female entrepreneurs in London’s cleantech start-up hub for global climate action
In observance of London Climate Action Week (LCAW), Sustainable Ventures, Imperial College London, University College London, ReLondon, Better Futures, London Sustainable Development Commission and Women in Cleantech have come together to demonstrate how London’s innovative, female-lead start-ups are tackling the global challenge of climate change.
Four key themes will characterise the third year of LCAW: A green, fair and resilient recovery, the road to COP26, whole of society climate action and sustainable, net zero London. Read more about these themes here.
This showcase will be a platform for four female-led start-ups to present what they’re doing and how their innovation contributes towards global climate action in a fair and equitable way. These start-ups were carefully selected by the organising partners to demonstrate the diversity and impact in sustainable start-ups here in London.
1. Circulor: Circulor is a leader in bringing traceability to complex industrial supply chains. For both primary supply and the circular economy, they bring transparency to both responsible sourcing and measuring embedded carbon. Circulor helps procurement and sustainability professionals see and manage what was previously invisible.
2. Bendi: Bendi is changing the world of sustainability in the fashion industry by giving consumers the information they need to make more sustainable choices. Bendi shows you clear and comparable sustainability information as part of clothing product descriptions when you shop.
3. Mana Biosystems: Mana is a London & Kenya based Agritech start-up and ethical corporation on a mission to lead an insect-based revolution in Africa. We hope to turn agricultural waste into a high value animal feed product for African fish and poultry farmers.
4. Qualis Flow: Qflow enables a positive shift in the way waste and material data is collected and used across projects. Through a unique combination of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Qflow automates data capture and analysis to help drive both commercial and carbon savings whilst mitigating risk
London is one of the innovation powerhouses of the UK and the home of many innovators and entrepreneurs working in the sustainability space. It is a place with a long history of designing and implementing pathbreaking innovative projects, with a diverse and international community. It is our full intention that the selected start-ups will be fully representative of the originality and diversity that characterises this city.
A panel of expert stakeholders from the private and public sector and investment will be on hand to engage and challenge the start-ups.
1. Susannah McClintock, Investment Director at Sustainable Ventures
2. Jazmin Burgess, Head of Global Green New Deal Implementation at C40
3. Lamia Sbiti, Business Transformation Manager at ReLondon
4. Sarah Merrick, Founder & CEO at Ripple Energy
An opportunity for the audience to ask questions or further engage with the start-ups will be provided at the end of the event.