Connect+Tech Conversations: Technology to Enhance Human Connection and Alleviate Isolation
Connect+Conversations is an interactive series about how different sectors can address the loneliness epidemic and improve social health.
Join us for the next event in the Connect+Conversations series! This session will focus on opportunities for technology and social platforms to enhance human connection and alleviate isolation.
You will learn about:
- The research on how our digital lives affect our social relationships
- Innovative examples of designing technology to build community
- The importance of bridging digital access and literacy gaps
You will also have the opportunity to ask the panelists questions, connect with other attendees in the chat, and share your perspective and ideas with small groups in breakout rooms.
- Kasley Killam, MPH: Founder of Social Health Labs
- Edward Garcia, MHS: Founder of the Foundation for Social Connection
- Isa Watson, MBA, MS: Founder of Squad, the intimate voice-only social experience that makes it easy to stay connected everyday to your closest people, and a Top 100 MIT Alumni in Tech.
- Tom Kamber, PhD: Founder and Executive Director of Older Adults Technology Services (OATS) and Senior Planet from AARP, delivering free technology training and programs to older adults.
- Nicole Ellison, PhD: Karl E. Weick Collegiate Professor of Information at the University of Michigan, researching interactions, communication, and relationships online.
- 60 min: Welcome, Panel Discussion, and Audience Q&A
- 30 min: Small Group Discussions and Closing Remarks
The Connect+Conversations series is led by Social Health Labs and the Foundation for Social Connection with support from Commit to Connect, a national initiative of the US Department of Health & Human Services Administration for Community Living and AARP Foundation. You can watch recordings of past sessions here.