Deep/Dark Web Investigations Course by NCFTA & Ai6 (December 2021)
Pre-Requisite = This is and advanced cyber investigation course. We strongly recommend students have previous cyber investigation training or have completed the Cryptocurrency Investigator Course hosted by Ai6. Cryptocurrency Investigations Course
***THIS TRAINING IS FOR INVESTIGATORS ***
**THIS IS PART OF THE CYBER INVESTIGATIONS SERIES**
Who should attend:
Law Enforcement, Fraud Investigators, Cyber Investigators, Other Govt, Banking and Students.
Ai6 will be hosting the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (www.NCFTA.net) for a 3 day training session on investigating the Dark Web. This is an advanced course.
This immersive course expounds upon the skills and fundamentals taught in introductory cyber courses. The course will provide attendees with a more in-depth understanding of the online criminal ecosystem. We will focus on the darkweb markets, forums and other criminality occuring there. OSINT techniques and other methods to investigate criminal activity on the darkweb. Students will assume different identities and communicate with others in the ecosystem via encrypted communications, utilizing PGP and peer to peer application. The training will be mostly hands-on, with students walking through the steps, explanations of the programs and demonstrations of the browser add-ons while building a research machine. Additionally, attendees will be familiarized with open source and commercial tools and learn to leverage the tools for thier investigations. Each module will have a task for attendees to accomplish.
- Find and navigate the ‘dark web’ forums/marketplaces using the TOR network
- Conduct online research to identify threats to your organization
- Create a target profile report through the use of various research techniques/tools
- Learn fundamentals in interacting online through NCFTA-guided hands-on exercises
- Create and maintain research accounts, employ encryption techniques in order to communicate online
- Limit your footprint while conducting research.
- Understanding VPN, VM and info bleeds while using such environments
- Make purchases using crypto currencies
- Develop intelligence reporting based on information gathered
- Interact online using various P2P chat platforms
Course is limited to 20 Students. Police, CBSA/HSI, Transit Police/Security, CRA/IRS, Banking, Insurance and other Govt agencies and partners allowed. Please email us any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org