Getting Started with Digital Construction
Assured CITB course for decision makers and influencers to help you decide which digital tools are best for your company to start with.
This CITB Assured course is aimed at construction professionals who would like to learn how digital technologies can benefit their business and to explore the factors they should take into account when considering possible digital solutions. It will help delegates to implement new digital technologies whilst ensuring the greatest chance of successful implementation and avoiding common pitfalls. The course is suitable for both technical and non- technical staff alike.
What others have said about the course:
“Within our first session with Digital Construction Skills, we identified the types of digital tools which could help us save time and money and ruled out the ones that weren’t relevant to us.” Keith Burrell – CEO Procladd Limited
“The DCS workshop helped us get all the right people together in one room, and get to the point where we were able to make a clear decision on the priority areas for digital tools.”- David Minns, Operations Director, GAC Environmental
• Managers and decision-makers
• Project Managers
• Quantity Surveyors/Commercial Functions
• SHEQ Staff
• Team Leaders
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
• Identify what are the key problems within the context of their business, team, or project that they would like to improve upon
• List the broad categories of digital tools available- using the popular “50 digital
tools you need to know in construction” exercise
• Describe the possible benefits of implementing digital solutions
• List the factors they need to consider when selecting a new digital solution
• Identify areas of strength and weakness within their business in terms of readiness for implementing digital construction solutions
• Understand what is meant by digital collaboration tools and what they can do for us
• Describe and identify possible direct and indirect costs to be considered when selecting a digital solution
• Identify and describe the barriers and risks associated with the adoption of possible digital tools and solutions
• Describe what are the next steps required
There are no prerequisites for this course other than construction experience and commercial awareness.
You can claim back a CITB grant for attending this course if you work for, or you are, a CITB registered company.
Suggested pre-course study/learning
To help you get the most out of this course and to help you start to think about your digital action plan you can access the free eLearning module “Getting Started with Digital Construction” which can be accessed via this link