Chatbot & Virtual Assistants in Scotland’s Government
Local Government IS embracing Emerging & Automation technologies to make service delivery more effective & efficient for the citizen
Chatbots in Local Government free up staff to deal with the more complex queries, or those which require a human touch.
Many local authorities have now adopted chatbots that act as virtual assistants, answering frequently asked questions from the community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and meeting the customer service expectations that have been set my the likes of Amazon & Google.
- What do I put in the brown waste bin?
- What childcare options are available in my area?
- How do I report ASB in the park?
Councils have the knowledge base to power a chatbot capable of answering even the most obscure of queries. This is because they know:
- why people call
- which services are most commonly called
- how to respond to questions and/or how to direct them to services
This session will look at:
- which Local Authority service areas have benefited from a chatbot implementation/strategy
- the different chatbots technologies available
- AI-driven chatbots
We look forward to seeing you there.