Great Minds event (online): The Outlook for New Dementia Treatments Using Emerging Technology
Join us via YouTube to hear from some of the UK’s leading dementia experts on developments in diagnosis and treatment.
Dementias Platform UK – Great Minds is delighted to invite you to another online live event.
We’ve brought together leading figures in dementia diagnosis and treatment to offer a rare, expert-led insight into the latest developments in the field.
Topics will include recent advances in our understanding of dementia, emerging treatment options, how new drugs make it to the NHS, and the role technology can play in diagnosis and condition management. Attendees will also have the opportunity to put questions to our experts.
The event is aimed at anyone with an interest in dementia and dementia research – no specialist scientific knowledge is required.
Programme (Thursday 9 June)
• 2.00pm – Introduction from Professor John Gallacher (Director of Dementias Platform UK, University of Oxford)
• 2.20pm – Dr Ivan Koychev (Great Minds lead, University of Oxford): Advances in our understanding of dementia
• 2.45pm – Break
• 3.00pm – Dr Liz Coulthard (Associate Professor in Dementia Neurology, University of Bristol): Emerging treatment options
• 3.25pm – Dr Megan John (GP partner and NICE committee chair): Bringing drugs to the NHS
• 3.50pm – Break
• 4.05pm – Dr Jenny Barnett (Senior Scientific Advisor, Five Lives): The role of technology in the diagnosis and management of dementia
• 4.30pm – Panel Q&A (all speakers)
• 4.55pm – Concluding remarks
This event will be broadcast live and for free via YouTube. You will be sent a link to the broadcast by email when you register for the event.
We plan to make a recording of the event available to watch afterwards on the Dementias Platform UK YouTube channel.
A limited number of in-person tickets are available for this event, which is being hosted at the University of Bristol. Click here to register for an in-person ticket.