IMarEST On the Radar: Digitalisation in Subsea Operations & Marine Assets (he use of digital twins in the imminent transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy)
An ‘On the Radar’ Panel Event in association with SeaFlo Consultancy Ltd
Join us for the first in a new series of events: IMarEST On The Radar, highlighting cutting-edge developments in the marine sector
Panellists will discuss the use of digital twins in the imminent transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy. Looking at the digitalisation of marine and subsea assets, experts will also examine the transfer of skills that will be required for this transition to take place, taking knowledge from the oil and gas sector into the green energy space.
The event will also include a presentation from DNV on the guidance it has issued to the oil and gas industry on digital twins (DNVGL-RP-A204: Qualification and assurance of digital twins).
The event will:
• Investigate the additional skill sets required of subsea and marine technicians, engineers and asset managers to interpret this digital data in a real-time offshore asset.
• Offer insight into available remote operations and subsea inspection technologies linked to digital technology
• Understand the envisaged data work flow from the asset to the predictive digital model and 3D visualisation
• Share guidance on effective data management and interpretation which can be shared with industry via the Cloud
• Explore how these technologies can be used cost-effectively in transitioning sectors
Roland Rogers CSci CMarSci FIMarEST FSUT – Emeritus Fellow, NOC
• Charlie Reith – Director /Principal Consultant, SeaFlo Consultancy Ltd
• Kaj Lagstrom FIMarEST – Principal Marine Consultant/ Technical Advisor, SeaFlo Consultancy Ltd
• Kjell Eriksson – Vice President Digital Partnering, DNVGL
• Peter Toxopeüs – Project Manager Fleet Sustainability, Fugro
• John Butler CEng CMarEng FIMarEST – Director – Energy Transition & Sustainability, Transition Ignition Ltd
• Mitch Johnson – Program Manager – Shipboard Technical Services (STS), Oceaneering Projects Group
About the IMarEST On the Radar panel series
IMarEST On The Radar is a series of live 90 minute sessions highlighting cutting-edge developments in the marine sector. Experts within a specialist area will form a panel to discuss a technical issue or trend that is becoming increasingly important to the industry.