Net Zero: how can nuclear, renewables and new technologies work together?
In November this year, the UK will host the major UN climate change summit known as COP26. This is the most important climate summit since the landmark Paris Agreement was agreed at COP21 in 2015.
In the run up to COP26, the Nuclear Institute YGN, FoNE and YEP are collaborating on a three part series to equip young people with the information they need to become advocates for climate action, nuclear and renewables, ahead of the conference.
Our first event will focus on nuclear, renewables and new technologies, addressing the following questions:
• How can nuclear and renewables work together to achieve net zero?
• How can nuclear support net zero across all aspects of the economy?
• What role will new technologies play?
Our speakers for the event will be:
• Chair: Eilidh Dougan – Finance and Sponsorship Lead, YGN
• Julia Pyke – Director of Financing & Economic Regulation, Sizewell C
• Jonathan Reynolds – Managing Director, Opergy
• Guy Newey – Director Strategy and Performance, Energy Systems Catapult
Following the presentations there will be an opportunity for everyone to get involved and ask questions in a Q&A session.