Panel: Careers in Data (Data Management Specialist Group)
Following the popularity and limited duration of our first “Careers in Data” webinar last November, we are running this similar event with a revised panel.
Data has become a hot topic with greater awareness of how it can make a critical difference to the effectiveness of any private enterprise or public function. Many organisations are struggling to fill data role vacancies whilst people considering moving into the domain are not clear on where to start. This panel debate will explore careers in data, the range of career options available, routes to entry and the necessary qualifications.
Our Panel for this event is appropriately diverse to address the different perspectives necessary to answer a wide range of questions and issues:
• Julian Schwarzenbach, Chair of the BCS Data Management Specialist Group (DMSG) and Director of the consultancy “Data and Process Advantage”
• Glen Vaal, Events Secretary DMSG, with a full career in data analysis, data management and associated project management
• Soyini Taylor, Committee Member DMSG, established in the earlier years of their career that has already covered a wide range of data related experience
• Priscilla Omonedo, University of Aston, qualified to provide a student perspective on careers in data
• Deep Shah, ACCA qualified with public and private sector experience
The panel will relate their own backgrounds and describe the multiplicity of roles covered by employment in “data”. In doing so it is intended to cover different approaches to initiating, transferring and progressing such a career.
There will be opportunity to address specific data career related questions supplied by those attending. Once again we intend to provide an information rich and involving session of value to those thinking about, starting or established within careers in data.