Remote Ops 101: Explore Ethical Hacking & Cybersecurity Careers
In this one-day workshop, you will learn how to protect yourself against cybercrime, and explore various cybersecurity career paths.
Our remote instruction is Live, Online interactive lecture style, where you have the opportunity to ask questions in real-time, engage with participatory instructor prompts, and receive 1:1 TA support whenever you need it.
Want to learn to out-hack the hackers? Start here! In this one-day workshop, you will get hands-on practice with the tools and techniques of penetration testers and ethical hackers. Get a taste of the Code Fellows cybersecurity program, learn how to find and exploit computer systems, and explore cybersecurity career pathways.
Ops 101 is about experiencing what cybersecurity is all about, through a day-long immersive course for beginners that focuses on hands-on usage of the tools and techniques of ethical hackers. The only technical skill required to take the course is basic computer use familiarity.
Get a taste of the Code Fellows Cyber Ops program, learn how systems are exploited, so you know how to defend them.
In this workshop, you will:
- Get to try out hacking techniques for yourself in a safe “cyber range”
- Discover how attackers find weaknesses and attack them
- Learn to think like a cybercriminal, using tools like social engineering, cryptography, and brute force attacks
- Research and report on real-world exploits
- Explore career pathways to in-demand jobs in pen-testing and cybersecurity
- General familiarity with using a computer
- Comfort with web applications like Facebook, Google Docs, or Outlook
- Recommended typing speed of 30 words per minute
What is a hacker?
- What separates the good from the bad
- Case studies in modern cybersecurity
How do hackers exploit systems?
- Hands-on practice with finding vulnerabilities
- Team-based exercises in building and using hacking skills
What does a career in cybersecurity look like?
- Career pathways
- Continuous education