The Story and Lessons from a World-Class Digital Transformation
Discover how to transform from a traditional to a digitally-driven organization based on DBS Bank which has been recognized by Harvard.
This informative, engaging and exclusive webinar shares how DBS Bank transformed from a traditional bank to the world’s best by leveraging digitalization and provides you with hard-won insights, proven practices and relevant anecdotes.
DBS has been awarded the World’s Best Bank for the past three years and ranked among the top 10 digital transformations of the past decade by Harvard Business Review.
Under the stewardship of CEO Piyush Gupta, DBS Bank adopted “Making Banking Joyful” as its digitalization strategy in 2014. In their group meeting that year, leaders discussed how nobody wakes up in the morning wanting to do banking. An opportunity was born! By leveraging technology, DBS could make banking invisible to its customers. Making Banking Joyful became a passion that inadvertently turned into a rallying call for a banking industry revolution.
The bank digital transformation focused on three strategic principles, as this keynote accentuates:
1. Become Digital to the Core
2. Embed Ourselves in the Customer Journey
3. Culture by Design and Think Like a Start-Up
Discover how DBS Bank:
• Aligned its digital purpose in a way that inspired everyone.
• Adopted the term “GANDALF” to transform its technology architecture.
• Engaged employees from the start and encouraged innovation through hackathons.
• Put customer journeys at the core of everything the bank does.
• Transformed to a totally data-driven organization.
• Became the first bank in the world to launch an ecosystem platform.
• Adopted agile, DevOps, design thinking, AI, ML and other digital tools.
• Set up ways to measure its digital strategy, showing on its P&L that digital customers bring in twice the income to traditional customers.
Woven throughout the presentation are intriguing lessons, best practices and stories stemming from Robin Speculand’s three years of exclusive access to the C-Suit, for his new book World’s Best Bank: A Strategic Guide to Digital Transformation.