JOBS OF THE FUTURE
a virtual event series featuring thought-leaders on post-pandemic tech jobs and careers
A conversation and Q&A with Hansel Ong (Software Manager III, Amazon)
Amazon currently has more than 10,000 open positions for software engineers in the U.S and recently announced they are planning to hire more than 55,000 people for corporate and technology positions to keep up with demand in retail, the cloud and advertising, among other businesses.
Join us for a special conversation and Q&A session with Hansel Ong (Software Manager III, Amazon) where we’ll explore how software engineering is evolving at Amazon and the scalable technology solutions they’re developing over the next 3 years to solve the world’s most complex problems.
In addition to learning about the qualifications for being a software engineer at Amazon and what you need to know (and avoid!) to ace the application process and interview, we will explore:
- Amazon’s new leadership principals;
- The key products Amazon is developing over the next 3-5 years and how software engineers driving at the company are driving innovation;
- How automation will change the role of software engineers and other technical positions over the next several years;
- The real culture of software engineering at Amazon (from diversity and inclusion, to work ethics, to day-to-day operations);
- How job-seekers can create a mindful long-term career roadmap for working at Amazon that aligns with their goals and values;
- How Amazon’s new Best Fit program is streamlining and simplifying the application process for software engineers and allowing them to be considered for thousands of jobs across the company;
- A day in the life of a Software Engineer Manager at Amazon and what it’s like to have a long-term career at the company (over 10 years!).
We will have plenty of time for an audience Q&A with Hansel and will be sharing information on how to learn (in much more detail) how to apply for engineering positions at Amazon.
Hansel Ong , Software Manager III, Amazon
Hansel Ong is a Software Manager with 10+ years experience in the software industry as software developer, software tester, program manager, technical lead, offshore resource manager, and hiring manager whose one passion is to: Delight customers with high quality timely products and solutions. His past experience and technical expertise includes:
- Software Manager – Voice on FireTV (2017-Present; Android/Java, Python)
- Program Manager – Core OS: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (2015-2016; C#, C++)
- Team Lead and Cross-Platform Software
- Engineer – SmartGlass for Xbox One (2013-2014; C#, Android/Java, C++, JS, Objective-C)
- Team Lead – Kindle Fire / Kindle Fire HD (2011-2012; Android/Java)
about Tech 2025
Preparing professionals for the technological future since 2017.
Most experts agree that the year 2025 will be a tremendously consequential inflection point for science and technology innovation that will shift our world into the next great era. Emerging technologies we are only just now beginning to understand and deploy, will significantly disrupt society, the global world order and the very nature of our collective and individual realities in profound ways.
Since January 2017, TECH 2025 has been preparing professionals for the technological revolution that is now at our doorstep. Today, we offer our unique and highly effective brand of reskilling and community-building to organizations seeking to prepare their workforce for the new, highly uncertain, tech-driven future and skills-based economy.
FAST FORWARD WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Get our free, weekly newsletter on emerging technology tipping points and stay ahead of the future!